Women Thrive Alliance is a global feminist advocacy network with one goal: make gender equality a reality. We believe that gender equality can only be achieved through a grassroots-led, bottom-up approach to development that is centered on those most marginalized by patriarchy. Women Thrive Alliance seeks a Communications & Social Media Intern to assist with our social media platforms (content and graphics), writing and editing blog posts, website maintenance, event support, social media research and analysis, and administrative tasks. The Communications and Social Media Intern will report directly to the Senior Communications Manager.
This position is unpaid and is located Washington, D.C. 25-30 hours per week is expected.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The Communications and Social Media Intern will support the Senior Communications Manager by ensuring Women Thrive’s external communications are on brand and engaging for a variety of audiences. The Intern’s tasks and responsibilities include:
● Assist in the maintenance and managing of Women Thrive social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
● Help draft content and graphics to engage followers and supporters through social media platforms, including Twitter chats and campaigns
● Provide website assistance: routinely updating website content and photos
● Research and write blogs for Women Thrive
● Assist in researching, planning, and implementing of online outreach, web marketing, and communications and fundraising campaigns
● Utilize the Alliance online platform to interact with Women Thrive’s Alliance members
● Assist with the analysis and collection of analytical data for all social media, CRM, and website
● Maintain media and social media mentions lists; organize publications and video materials
● Assist in maintaining quote/story bank related to members’ communications needs, priorities, and participation
● Other communications support as needed, including administrative assistance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Strong commitment to and knowledge of women’s rights, gender equality, and global development
● Excellent research and writing skills
● Strong familiarity with monitoring and developing social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
● Great computer skills, particularly with Google Suite (Drive, Calendar, Sheets, and Docs)
● Experience working with website, WordPress and coding a plus
● Familiarity with Photoshop, Piktochart, or other graphic design tools is a plus
● Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as in a team setting
● Strong verbal, written, and intercultural communication skills
● Must be fluent in English, comfortable speaking and writing French is a plus.
● Collaborative work style, superior organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask efficiently, motivated by project management and deadlines
● 25-30 hours per week expected.
● This is an unpaid position
TO APPLY: Please send Devon O’Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org the following items by February 1, 2018 :
● A copy of your resume,
● A statement of interest
● A writing sample.
● Contact information for two professional references.
Please be sure to write “Internship – Communications and Social Media” in the subject line. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Phone and in-person interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis during December and January. This internship is unpaid and located in Washington, D.C. 25-30 hours per week is expected.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE