GoodWeave International works to end child labor in global supply chains. Focusing initially on the South Asian carpet industry, GoodWeave fulfills its mission by creating market demand for products certified as free of child and forced labor, monitoring supply chains, rescuing and educating child laborers, and providing critical services for weaving families. Having proven its model and built partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as Target Corporation, Macy’s, and The Otto Group, the organization is now expanding operations on the ground and into new product markets.
GoodWeave is adapting its market-driven model to other new sectors including home textiles, apparel, fashion jewelry, tea and is helping to create a “better brick” industry in Nepal. Being a part of the GoodWeave team is to be on the frontlines of the burgeoning movement to end modern slavery and of an award-winning social entrepreneurial team.
The Business Development Intern will assist GoodWeave staff in its work to expand industry participation and support of its child-labor-free certification program. This includes increasing the number of rug importers licensed by GoodWeave, and the number of rug retailers and media publications that partner with GoodWeave to grow market preference for child-labor-free rugs. The intern will gain a deep understanding of the business case for child-labor-free production. He/she will contribute to valuable research used to grow GoodWeave licensing and its impact in supply chains in India, Nepal and Afghanistan.
Specific tasks will include
- Researching rug industry import and sales data.Supporting the importer licensing process; outreach, intake and administration.
- Assisting with management of pipeline of potential members including following up with interested companies.
- Working with organization staff to enhance industry outreach material.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of business development plans.
- Research how current licensees are communicating GoodWeave on their own websites.
- Finding, creating, and organizing lists of companies for potential membership (licensees) and Industry Partnership.
- Assisting with ad hoc research and communications projects.
- Researching potential media partners to run donated ads that promote GoodWeave.
- General administrative support to manage existing information and membership base.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical background with ability to identify market and industry trends and market opportunities.
- Proven research skills.
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and other common office systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment.
- Willingness to assist with a variety of tasks and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter highlighting your skills, interest, relevant experience and availability to: Partnership@GoodWeave.org