The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading behavioral and social science research organization. We are a collaborative organization that works with clients to examine a wide range of projects from early childhood development to adult education. AIR prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant federal, state, and private organizations. Our vision is that research-based problem solving can improve the lives of all people.
AIR is seeking a Communication Associate to join our team in our Chicago, IL office.
- Plan and coordinate multifaceted social media and web content strategy focused on education related topics.
- Coordinate creation of both print- and web-based products focused on education related topics, including working with editing, production, and design technical staff.
- Assist with the organization and production of materials and resources for REL Midwest and REL Southwest external events (public television events, in-person one-day conferences, and webinars).
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to provide user-oriented research products focused on education related topics.
- Conduct literature reviews regarding various education issues and draft reports for public dissemination.
- Assists with organization and facilitation of observations, focus groups, interviews, and other data collection.
- Utilizes external resources to supplement, organize, and contribute to tasks and projects.
- Responsible for maintaining and checking the accuracy of data for assigned projects.
- Assist in developing and drafting proposals with program staff for foundation, corporate, government, and other funding sources.
- Provides administrative project support to senior management and clientele, where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience in education research, policy, or communications or Master’s degree in education research, policy, or communications.
- Knowledge of Education Policy is preferred.
- Experience with managing social media and website strategies and writing for the web is preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in writing, conceptualizing, analyzing, and consulting.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and client-service orientation.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience managing detailed projects preferred.