NAFO’s communications function provides a voice for private forest owners in Washington, DC. As part of a renewed organizational focus on strategic communications, NAFO is seeking creative, dependable and highly motivated professional to support a nimble, innovative and sophisticated advocacy communications program.
The Communications Manager will help run the day-to-day activity of NAFO’s communications function, reporting to the Vice President of Communications. As part of a small-but-mighty team, the Communications Manager will have a regular set of responsibilities and ample room for growth. The ideal candidate will be a natural communicator, a creative problem solver, and a good writer, excited to take initiative and responsibility, and with the ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
Communications Program Support
· Work closely with leadership to develop and execute communications plans to support NAFO’s annual communications strategy, thinking creatively about how to reach and engage highly targeted audiences.
· Help manage the moving pieces of a multi-faceted communications program including regular daily responsibilities, coordination with industry partners and allies, and management of supporting consultants and vendors.
· Use a wide range of traditional and cutting-edge communications tactics to reach target audiences – social media, promoted/paid content, infographics and data visualization, thought leadership, and traditional media engagement.
· Communicate regularly with NAFO members, including written and verbal updates; support NAFO membership needs as they arise.
· Identify opportunities and trends, help analyze performance metrics, and offer new ideas to evolve communications strategies over time.
Website & Social Media Management
· Assist in developing a strategic social media program.
· Manage a steady drumbeat of social media content; monitor and report on trends and analytics.
· Regularly update content on website and help manage outside web vendors.
Media Outreach & Engagement
· Monitor media coverage, identify trends, and flag opportunities and emerging issues.
· Draft media content including op-eds, letters to the editor, and media pitches.
· Pitch story ideas and op-eds to media; build and maintain media lists; begin building relationships with key journalists.
· Assist in the development of issue-specific messaging and materials for advocacy, including fact sheets, briefing materials, visuals and leave-behinds.
· Support the coordination of advocacy activities including Hill briefings and events, in collaboration with the Government Relations team.
· Undergraduate degree and 1-2 years of experience supporting strategic communications, public affairs and/or issue advocacy campaigns. Relevant internships can count as experience. Agency experience is a plus.
· Strong writer, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to boil complex information down into pithy, bite-sized pieces; an interest in persuasive writing.
· Experience using traditional and social media to engage and influence target audiences.
· Effective project manager, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage multiple workstreams.
· Experience in forestry and/or natural resources is great, but not necessary. Basic design skills are a plus.
Competencies and Attributes
· Excellent written and oral communications skills, with an interest in crafting compelling arguments.
· Proven ability juggle multiple workstreams and to meet deadlines while consistently producing high-quality work.
· Digital and social media savvy, with ability to create, repurpose and amplify snappy content across multiple communications channels.
· Interest in policy, with a natural curiosity to understand all sides of an issue. Experience in policy is not required.
· Ability to flex and adapt quickly to changes in issues or advocacy needs; able to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
· Ability to both work independently and to collaborate effectively across a wide range of partners and allies.
· Desire to grow, learn and stretch into increasing levels of responsibility.
· Enthusiastic to experiment with cutting edge tactics.
· Good judgement.
Interested? Send your resume with the subject line “Communications Manager” to email@example.com.