Kids4Peace is seeking a driven, creative professional to serve as Communications Manager for our global movement.
You will lead Kids4Peace’s effort to tell the story of 2,000+ young leaders, from diverse religions and backgrounds, who are taking action for peace in their communities.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring communications expertise to a growing nonprofit – to spread a positive message of interfaith cooperation and youth empowerment across religious, cultural and national divides.
The Communications Manager will work with the program and development teams to help achieve revenue and participation goals, by creating print and online content designed to inspire bold investment from donors and enthusiastic participation by youth and volunteers.
The successful candidate must be a highly-skilled writer, with basic competency in photography, graphic design and video production. The Communications Manager will engage and supervise freelance photographers, videographers and graphic designers, as needed.
- Create a communications strategy, with key messages, calendar and work plan
- Manage the Kids4Peace website, regularly updating text and visual content
- Manage the Kids4Peace blog, writing content and editing submissions from staff and volunteers
- Manage the Kids4Peace social media presence, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Maintain brand identity standards across the organization
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities
- With the Development Director, create and send fundraising campaigns and appeals, including direct mail, email, online giving, and peer-to-peer pages
- Create monthly email newsletters, customized to the interests of donor groups
- Create and send quarterly print newsletters, demonstrating the impact of K4P
- Create a professional annual report, summarizing the work of the global movement
- Create brochures, flyers, reply devices, thank you notes, slide decks, videos, and other collateral to support events and appeals
- Create program brochures, flyers, websites and other materials to promote participation in youth programs, trainings, and other events
- Coach program staff and volunteers to generate event reports and personal reflections that convey their experience of K4P
- Coordinate the design of program merchandise and materials
Public Relations (10%)
- Create press releases, pitch stories and coordinate media requests
DC Office (10%)
- As one of two members of the DC office, share in basic organizational functions, including answering the telephone, ordering supplies, receiving visitors, and attending programs on Kids4Peace’s behalf.
- 3 years experience in corporate or nonprofit communications
- Excellent writing skills, including writing for nonprofit fundraising
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders
- Proficiency with graphic design, video production, web management, blogging and social media software
- Ability to work independently, with limited direct supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field is preferred.
- The Communications Manager is required to be full-time on-site at the Kids4Peace International Camp (NC) and Global Institute (DC), two ten-day summer experiences.
- Occasional travel to Kids4Peace chapters in the USA and Jerusalem
Kids4Peace DC Office:
The Communications Manager will work alongside the Operations Manager in the Washington, DC office of Kids4Peace. The DC office provides organizational leadership and support to staff, volunteers and programs in Jerusalem and local chapters across the United States.