CCIS is an education abroad non-profit that facilitates over 100 study abroad programs globally, including internships and volunteer opportunities.
The marketing and communications intern will use their creativity and social knowledge to support the growth and development of CCIS and enhance its online presence.
- Aware of current social media trends
- In-depth knowledge of social media channels
- Ability to decipher the channel and voice that is appropriate for a small non-profit organization
- Work with the membership and marketing manager to develop a long-term strategy plan including the identification of appropriate channels and execution strategy
- Implement the plan in partnership with the membership and marketing manager
- Detail-oriented individual interested in ROI and statistics
- Flexible and willing to reevaluate the plan and suggest alternatives
- Develop a social media portfolio
Candidates must have experience in international education or have studied abroad, and be interested in the advancement of the education abroad community. Ideal candidates are creative thinkers and motivated, self-starters. They will be encouraged to continually evaluate tasks and projects, and propose more efficient methods or platforms. Candidates must be able to think proactively, pay close attention to detail, and be able to work independently.
Candidates will have the opportunity to enhance their project management skills while developing a strong understanding of the education abroad field to include best practices, policies, and procedures. Each candidate will develop and manage a project from start to finish that will demonstrate knowledge and ability to future employers, particularly colleges, universities, and NGOs.
The internship positions will start in mid- to late January, and continue through the middle of May or upon completion. The selected individuals will work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
The individuals will work closely with both the executive director and membership and marketing manager. Please submit resumes and cover letters indicating project(s) of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a first come basis.