The Hatcher Group seeks to hire a mid- to senior-level communications professional to join our outstanding team in Baltimore. Our Baltimore office manages strategic communications and outreach campaigns for foundations, nonprofit organizations and coalitions – local and national – with a focus on such issues as education, health care, behavioral health, workforce development and the environment. Our clients also often work to advance progressive policies at the state and local levels.
This position will work directly with our clients and lead collaborative teams that develop and implement a wide range of communications strategies, plans and tools.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Five to ten years of public relations or communications experience. Nonprofit communications preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding writing skills and expertise in different types of writing, including reports, press releases, blog posts, social media posts and policy-focused documents.
- Experience developing compelling messaging and/or communications plans.
- A track record of creating and implementing effective communications campaigns.
- Experience with media relations and ability to generate press coverage for clients.
- Excellent client management skills.
- Knowledge of the Baltimore community.
Experience with digital media and/or traditional marketing is a plus. Our Baltimore office is in Mt. Vernon.
Please send cover letter, resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.