KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids particularly those growing up in poverty in America the childhood they deserve filled with balanced and active play, so they can thrive. Since 1996, KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build, open, or improve more than 16,700 playgrounds, engaged more than one million volunteers, and served 8.5 million kids. KaBOOM! creates great places to play, inspires communities to promote and support play, and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of play in fostering healthy and productive lives.
TITLE: Community Outreach Intern
DESIRED TIME FRAME: Spring Semester 2018
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK: 15-20
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Van Ness)
KaBOOM! is looking for a college student, recent college graduate or graduate student to join our dynamic outreach team. We have a fun work atmosphere, filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids’ lives! The outreach team is responsible for identifying and vetting non-profit organizations and municipal groups for open grant opportunities.
- Create compelling and well-written recommendations representing KaBOOM! community partners to potential sponsors
- Help to create engaging marketing materials
- Support social media outreach efforts
- Identify potential Community Partners through research
- Provide general administrative support to the Outreach Team
- A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months.
- Ability to work in Washington, D.C. KaBOOM! office
- Ability to work a consistent schedule, agreed upon with supervisor
- Ability to secure own lodging/housing in the D.C. area
- Adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
- Strong writing and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and great initiative
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Interested individuals should be able to effectively manage responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Individual must have the ability to communicate with community members and business partners of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels
- Willingness to engage in productive and challenging work
- Be open and receptive to feedback and learning opportunities
- Interns will conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, including working in a cooperative manner in a team oriented environment
Visit kaboom.org/careers and select Community Outreach Intern – Spring Semester. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application.