The AGC Education and Research Foundation advances and supports education in the constructions industry, supports and contributes to scientific and research projects and programs.
Internship Learning Objectives
- To become familiar with the various methods available for marketing and fundraising in a membership organization
- To become familiar with the workings of a professional association and the myriad ways they represent their members
- To recognize the efforts of industry representatives in elevating the professionalism of the industry
The Development and Communications Intern provides support for the Director and Associate Director in an effort to cultivate the Foundation’s fundraising activities. The Development and Communications Intern will be involved with donor stewardship, special events and the scholarship application process.
The Development and Communications Intern will also utilize social networking sites and traditional publicity routes to share the mission of the AGC Education and Research Foundation with community members. He or she will play a pivotal role in content planning, marketing and occasionally contribute to the design of the Foundation’s publications. This internship offers the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of social media, engage in the creative process, and practice professional outreach. This internship also offers the opportunity to learn about donor engagement in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Assist with scholarship application process which includes scanning documents, entering data and updating records
- Prepare scholarship press releases and electronic announcements
- Write and send acknowledgement letters to donors, interviewers and other constituents
- Assist in the creating ads, posters, newsletters, invitations, event materials, displays, infographic illustrations, and update the Foundation’s website
- Assist with development of social media strategy from design/brand perspective
- Assist with preparing items for Monday Morning Quarterback, News and Views and other AGC internal publications as appropriate
- Maintain presence in academic list serves
- Represent the Foundation at community events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage a variety of complex tasks and assignments
- Willingness to make a strong commitment to a mission-driven organization
- Excellent computer skills, including competency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skillsKnowledge of social media platforms
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Courtney Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This internship is being offered during the 2017 summer semester at a minimum of 15 hours a week. Days and times are flexible. Internship will begin May 8th and end August 25, 2017.