Are you an internet-savvy, politically-minded individual just starting out in your career? Are you interested in expanding the tools Democrats have at their disposal to win elections and advance issues you care about?
If so, the Priorities Digital Advertising Fellowship may be right for you!
Priorities USA is a voter-centric progressive organization committed to standing up to the Trump administration and its allies. We believe in talking to voters regardless of where they are and have committed spending $50MM online in the 2018 cycle as one of the largest digital persuasion and mobilization campaigns in politics, including a first-of-its-kind training program.
While the role of digital is expanding in the progressive space, there are still relatively few people who have both digital advertising and political knowledge. As part of our training program, Priorities is looking to expand and diversify the bench of digital political operatives for the years ahead through its first in-house fellowship program.
We will teach our fellows every part of the digital advertising process, and they will work alongside our team every step of the way as we launch actual programs that directly impact the 2018 midterm elections.
Some Must Haves:
- You’re at the beginning of your career—about to graduate college, just graduated, and/or less than two years in the workforce
- You have a demonstrable interest and passion for Democratic politics and/or specific progressive causes
- You are Internet-savvy
- You have some office experience—an internship, a summer job, working at your school info desk, etc.
- You carry yourself with maturity and professionalism and are a self-starter
- You are collaborative and cooperative and can work as an individual or part of a team
- You have a willingness to learn
- You understand deadlines and are comfortable in rapid response environments
Nice to Haves:
- You have experience at a communications, PR, or traditional agency, in advertising, or in digital
- You have experience in politics—on the Hill, on a campaign, in government, at a progressive organization or in community activism, including volunteer experience
- You have experience working in the tech industry
- You have brand or marketing experience
- You have experience writing for the Internet
- You have a familiarity with Excel and its function in a workplace
- You know basic HTML or CSS or have basic video and/or design skills
- You have worked with CRMs, analytics platforms or advertising platforms, and have experience managing social media accounts for a brand or organization
- You may have a college degree
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis through April 16th.
Length of Fellowship: June through November
Employee Status: Full-time
Salary: $3,000/month, benefits included