Event Management (60%)
- Working closely with the Assistant Director of Donor Relations and Special Events, assists with the planning, preparation, execution, and staffing of Brookings Council and Brookings Society events.
- Assists with other events as needed, including Board of Trustee and International Advisory Council meetings, study tours, and other special events.
- Produce planning documents (show flows, contact sheets, etc.), invitations and lists, mailings, responses, and guest lists and maintains the records of donors and prospects in Raiser’s Edge (RE) as it specifically pertains to events.
- Generates lists for events using the RE database, reviews and determines actions necessary to ensure comprehensive receipt of invitations and accurate record-keeping.
- Drafts various event-related correspondence and materials, and fields calls from donors and event invitees on event details.
- Coordinates mailings and blast e-mails.
- Assists with day-of event execution and manages nametags, place cards and table cards and staffs the reception table at events, as assigned.
- Prepares agendas and materials for regular internal meetings.
- Performs regular coding for the Assistant Director’s purchasing card for event expenses.
Donor Recognition and Stewardship (40%)
- Coordinates, plans, and oversees routine stewardship activities for institutional donors, including endowment stewardship reports; maintain all endowment files, both electronic and hard copy, with up-to-date information regarding the history, use and financial information of the funds.
- Assists with research and coordination of special recognition gift for donors who have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to Brookings.
- Manages the installation and maintenance of the permanent donor recognition walls throughout the campus in coordination with the Assistant Director of Donor Relations and Special Events. Develops donor lists and coordinates the name confirmation process.
- Works with the Director of Development Communications on the production of the Annual Report and International Advisory Council meeting report, particularly in the selection and captioning of photos.
- Ensures routine stewardship activities are implemented and integrated into overall fundraising cycle.
- Facilitates special stewardship activities as needed.
- Keeps current on best practices at other organizations and offer suggestions for improving processes and activities.
Bachelor’s degree required. Must have a minimum of two years’ work experience in nonprofit events.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, proofreading, and administrative skills. Strong attention to detail. Ability to meet deadlines and manage competing demands. Ability to take initiative and work independently as a dependable team player. Must demonstrate experience in manipulating data and producing reports from Raiser’s Edge, or other relational database. Excellent Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office skills. Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE