Position Description: A key member of the development team, this position will perform all grant program functions including grant writing, reporting and compliance. Additionally, the Grants Management Specialist will have responsibility for certain development department operations including but not limited to ensuring compliance with grant guidelines and will be responsible for supporting the implementation and use of Salesforce for donor management. They will also ensure the accuracy and timeliness of grant records and reports. The Grants Management Specialist will be expected to work independently while collaboratively engaging a cross section of the organization for content, success stories and quantitative data to support grant proposals and reports. They will support the Senior Director of Development and Associate Director of Development in preparation for all foundation stewardardship meetings and on special projects as assigned. While this position reports directly to the Senior Director of Development initially, reporting will transition to the Associate Director of Development by the end of 2018 to fully form the Foundations team within the department. They will maintain relationships within departments and coordinate all proposal submissions and reporting of grant awards to ensure post-award compliance.
Primary responsibilities include (Other duties may be assigned):
- Manage foundation grant cycle for all NLIRH prospects and current donors including moves management and required reporting needs.
- Primary grant and report writer for all NLIRH foundation requests.
- Develop and maintain a grant application calendar, including submission and reporting deadlines, to be used for applying for and reporting on grants.
- Manage and monitor multiple grant applications, follow up and reports. Develop grant administration procedures.
- Maintain digital filing system for maintaining donor records.
- Input and maintain moves management in Salesforce database system.
- Conduct prospect research and maintain foundation prospect list to expand and grow development funding diversification.
- Create standard proposal language for general operating support and programmatic areas.
- Establish and maintain donor collateral package with standard materials and project specific inserts
- In collaboration with other staff, proactively identify program, advocacy, capacity building, and mission impact initiatives for potential grant support.
- Develop briefs and materials to equip the Executive Director and other senior staff with relevant information in preparation for meetings and discussions with foundation and corporate funders.
- In collaboration with the Database Manager create and implement efficiencies in Salesforce to track and report on grant opportunities and awards.
- Work with appropriate departments to regularly verify and manage grant goals and deliverables for existing multiyear funding.
- Collaborate with the Development team to ensure the data integrity and maintenance of all grant files and records. Coordinate with finance to assure that all necessary records are accurate and available for reconciliation and auditing.
- Understand and establish administrative systems and procedures to track, record and report; ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all prospect, granting and fundraising communications.
- Coordinate site visits with foundation funders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Development and Associate Director of Development.
- Experienced development professional with a minimum of 3-5 years grant development and administration experience. Knowledge of and/or experience with a national nonprofit preferably with advocacy and/or social justice focus a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff, consultants, partners and funders.
- Proven track record of securing and successfully cultivating foundation and corporate support.
- Knowledge of grants and grant administration systems, processes and budgeting.
- Excellent written skills with demonstrated ability to write in a clear, structured, articulate and persuasive manner. Grant writing experience required.
- Superb research, organizational, project management, time management, communication skills.
- Computer literacy and experience with Salesforce and/or other related development software required.
- Ability to work collegially in a fast paced environment and adapt to change as necessary.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice including reproductive freedom, immigrant rights, LGBTQ rights, and civil rights.
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow in both a demanding and close-knit work environment.
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE