SWBID is seeking a whip-smart, entrepreneurial, design-oriented, and creative new team member to spearhead the organization’s marketing and communication efforts. The Interactive Communications and Design Manager will lead all aspects of communication including marketing, press outreach, day-to-day management of social media accounts and campaigns, website content, designing branding materials, interactive displays, and other print/digital products. This individual will serve as the go-to source for information on the growth and change taking place here in Southwest DC.
The SWBID operates akin to most startups with a team of multipurpose staff working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. The Communications and Design Manager will help define and expand his or her role as new projects and ideas arise.
About the SWBID:
Officially launched in 2015, the Southwest Business Improvement District (SWBID) is the District’s 10th and newest BID. Spanning 483 acres in the Southwest quadrant of the city, the SWBID can be divided into three distinct areas: Federal Center South, which houses GSA’s regional office and 26 federal headquarters; the existing Southwest neighborhood that is centered around the Waterfront Metro Station; and the waterfront itself, which is undergoing a rapid transformation as the Wharf development brings SW back to the water’s edge.
We are a small staff dedicated to strengthening the identity of Southwest DC and enhancing its public realm through placemaking, place branding, and place maintenance activities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is familiar with and has an interest in Southwest DC, urbanism, public art, economic development, real estate, transportation, event programming, and/or local government
- Is a strong writer/editor and able to clearly distill complex topics into interesting stories for a broad audience
- Can successfully conceptualize and execute social media campaigns that will grow our reach and result in a more interactive and engaging experience for our friends and followers
- Can create visually stunning designs/layouts for everything from infographics, presentations and maps to party invitations, print ads and banners
- Is data fluent, constantly in search of a better way to visualize data/share information, and familiar with data mining from relevant sources (e.g. CoStar, US Census Bureau, District Government, etc.)
- Can produce photoshop renderings to support site-specific planning and placemaking projects
- Can balance competing deadlines, priorities, and projects with composure and a laser-focus on successful execution
- Is comfortable developing website content, writing press releases, and leading creative marketing campaigns
- Is experienced with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator – bonus points for experience with coding, ArcGIS, photography and video
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and 3 writing and design samples to Lexie Albe at firstname.lastname@example.org