Georgetown University’s Center for Social Impact Communication seeks a high-energy, independent, and detail-oriented Program Coordinator to help execute the day-to-day work of the Center. This hybrid-role will also work on projects for the Center’s parent department, the Division of Professional Communications within the University’s School of Continuing Studies. The role will be based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Managing Director.
The Center for Social Impact Communication is a research and action center dedicated to increasing social impact through the power of marketers, communicators, fundraisers and journalists working together. As part of the University’s School of Continuing Studies, the Center accomplishes its mission of educating and inspiring practitioners and students through applied research, graduate courses, community collaborations and thought leadership.
- Serve as the Center’s day-to-day website and social media “community manager” by writing and updating copy, creating graphics and engaging with followers
- Support current and prospective students, faculty and partners when working with the Center
- Support the execution of current and future executive education projects through administrative duties
- Execute events for students and industry professionals
- Track the impact of Center programs and initiatives
- Support research projects through administrative duties such as transcribing interviews
- Schedule meetings and provide administrative support to the Managing Director and Senior Associate Dean
- Other special projects aligning with the Center and Division’s needs, and the Program Coordinator’s strengths
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to two years of professional work experience
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, social media management, and website management
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, ability to work independently
- Excellent writing, editing and design skills for use in web and social media content creation, correspondence, and administrative reports
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact in a professional manner with graduate and executive students, faculty, staff and outside partners
- Demonstrated effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service
- Educational and/or professional background in communications, marketing or a related field
- Educational and/or professional background in a social impact-related organization such as a nonprofit or academic organization
- Georgetown University provides generous tuition assistance benefits to employees
- This position has no teaching, training or direct research responsibilities
The Program Coordinator will report directly the the Center’s Managing Director. He/she will also work with other members of the Division of Professional Communications.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via Georgetown University’s career portal and not to the Center directly. Please no phone calls or emails. The position will remain open until filled.