About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
United2Read is a five-year 15 million dollar project funded by the US Department of Education through the Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Program. The project – a collaboration between Digital Promise, UC Irvine, Learning Ovations and MDRC – aims to bring effective evidence-driven literacy instructional practices to classrooms across the nation. The Program Director will work closely with the other Leadership Team members to ensure overall project goals and objectives are met, manage grant reporting processes, communications, and handle all aspects of project management. The Program Director will also ensure that the Regional Teams, who will be collaborating directly with school districts, have the necessary training and information to support schools in implementing the program. This is an exciting opportunity to direct a large scale evidence based project to improve literacy outcomes for tens of thousands of learners across the country.
There is one vacancy for this position and will be filled in either CA or DC. CA is strongly preferred.
- Work closely with other members of the United2Read Leadership team and the U.S. Department of Education to ensure on time completion of the goals and objectives of the project
- Manage a robust Regional Team network, ensuring that they are positioned to support the schools that are implementing the program.
- Oversee all aspect of the project and ensure continuous improvement throughout the system
- Track project milestones, performance measures and progress towards meeting overall project goals objectives
- Manage communications, grant compliance and reporting processes
- Develop content to highlight and share examples of effective personalized learning instruction (including blog posts, newsletters, and conference presentations)
- Lead monthly leadership council meetings
- Build strong relationships and communications channels across all program partners
- 5+ years of experience manage complex education projects involving multiple partners
- Experience managing large federal research grants, particularly the U.S. Department of Education, strongly preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong interest in and knowledge of education research and policy
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.