The Senior Communications Specialist will have demonstrable experience developing and delivering comprehensive information and educational campaigns for clients using a variety of mediums, including print, radio, television, social media, and the Web. Incumbent will engage directly with clients managing and leading projects, participate in business development and responding to proposals; and oversee (and grow) a small team of communications and materials development professionals and coordinate activities with other project directors across multiple project teams.
- Participate in the development of marketing campaigns and dissemination strategies for different types of information targeting select subsets of the general public
- Implement information dissemination initiatives, which may include the development of content for fact sheets, news releases, briefing materials, feature articles for magazines and trade papers, radio and television scripts, videos, websites, social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), webinars, blogs, and/or other promotional and informational materials.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of social media sites, news outlets, and relevant on-line communities for news and information of interest to targeted audiences.
- Utilize a Content Management System (CMS) to update website content.
- Identify on-line communities through which to distribute client content.
- Assess the impact and effectiveness of executed marketing and communication initiatives.
- Maintain contact databases.
- Assist with media briefings and special events.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of the print and broadcast media and national organizations.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in marketing, public relations, or communications. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5 + years of communications or public relations experience.
- Experience working with or for Federal clients.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities for clients.
- 2 + years of experience assigning and reviewing work produced by other staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proofreading and advanced organizational skills and thorough knowledge of MS Office.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as capable of functioning within a team structure.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Web communications, HTML, and social media.
- Experience measuring campaign results and using online analytics.
- Attention to detail, professional writing style, consistency, and ability to produce error-free communications.
- Ability to create Section 508 compliant PDF documents for the web a plus.
- Background or experience with Public Health, Education, or Social Science content a plus.TO APPLY: CLICK HERE